Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Precious" Blog

Alright, so, that movie was deep. At some points, it was really hard to watch. I wonder about the ending, though. How is she going to take care of her two children, work, and go to school? How can anyone possibly do that? I know from personal experience that people are forced to stay in abusive relationships because they are unable to support themselves and their children. It's impossible. The abuser, unfortunately and fortunately, supports the family financially. "Support" being a very ironic word. I'm glad she was able to. She made huge strides, in regard to her education. Precious was unbelievably strong. She, somehow, managed to never give up. Her strength, I think, was driven mostly by the need to care for her kids. At the end of the movie, she said something about her HIV diagnosis and the fact that she might die, but somehow she had to care and raise her kids. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was along those lines. Her strength unrelenting. I found it interesting that even though the mom was shown doing the most horrific things, I still was sympathetic towards her character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment