Friday, May 29, 2015

"To Kill a Mockingbird" Blog:

I LOVE this movie! It is so amazing. I read the book for 11th grade summer reading and it is still so fresh in my mind. The author completely transports the reader to the setting, the hot, humid, sticky, southern summer. Or, the dark, mysterious, ominous, Radley yard. I love how it focuses on Scout's point of view. It's a much less biased representation of the events. What does the dog represent? Could it be the racist town of Maycomb? Judge Taylor said Atticus was the only person that could defend Tom Robinson, as Sheriff Tate told Atticus he was the only person that could shoot  the dog. Therefore, is Atticus shooting down the town by defending a black man’s word against a white man’s? Is the rabies that is infecting the innocent dog racism? I believe it is. Defending Tom Robinson was Atticus’ “one shot” in bettering Maycomb and teaching his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment