Thursday, April 23, 2015

Blog #10:

The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner
From my mother’s sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, I have no idea what this poem is about. Alright, wait, maybe I do. Daisy, Aan, and I read this poem and let's just say they had much better ideas than I did. So, after some thoughtful discussion, we came to the conclusion that it was about a soldier, a gunner, most likely getting bombed. First, Daisy thought it might be about an abortion, which I didn't get at all, but I don't know. 

1 comment: