Sunday, April 5, 2015

Spring Break Poems Response:
I just want to say, the TP chart actually is helpful. At first, I was like, "Ugh...I really don't want to fill this chart out. So unnecessary." Boy, was I wrong. Before starting this unit, I thought I was good at analyzing and understanding poetry. I realize now that I thought that because I had never really "analyzed" a poem before. I mean, I have, but rarely. I've read a lot of poetry, well not a lot, but a good amount. I've obviously thought about themes and structure, but informally. The chart forces you to think thoroughly and come up with an actual answer in the end. You can think about what a poem is about forever, the chart forces you to actually say what it's about. That seriously aids in understanding.

I had a really hard time understanding the first poem. I'm still really confused. The second one, "Mirrors" was a little easier for me to understand. I was actually able to answer the questions in the packet. "Othello" I thought, was the easiest to understand, which surprised me. That was the one I was originally most worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment