Friday, April 10, 2015

Wordsworth: "The World is Too Much With Us"

"For this, for everything, we are out of tune." I loved this poem. The assonance, end-rhyme, and rhythm was so pleasant to read. It is very clear why his name is Wordsworth. He is a real craftsman. I think I really understand what he's trying to say. Humans do not match the planet we're inhabiting. It seems we are not built physically to withstand our environments. Why else would we have to steal skins from other animals? And seek unnatural shelters? It makes me think sometimes that originally we were not from earth. Perhaps, we came from another planet... it's super weird to think about. I believe Wordsworth is saying the same thing, or at least domething along those lines. Obviously, he is stating it in a much more beautiful and mature and artistic way.

1 comment: